SubTerrex - 0.3
Paul Paterson (paulpaterson)
A cave exploration game where you explore caves by descending into them on ropes.
The caves are procedurally generated and completely dark to begin with. To explore you will need to place flares strategically to light your way. This early playable version includes the core gameplay.
Requires pymunk, scipy
You left click on the rock areas to fire a rope. Make sure you shoot it relatively close to your character and fire it into the body of the rock and not the edge.
Once you are on the rope you can then move up and down, left and right using WASD keys. You then descend into the cave firing additional ropes in the same way. Left click deploys a new rope and right click does the same but picks up the rope you already deployed.
You can let go of the rope using Q and if you are swinging near a second rope you can use E to switch between ropes. The key assignments are also shown in the HELP screen.
To add light you click on the flares at the top right.
Significant additions in this release are sound texturing, an achievements system and the inclusion of named crystals to collect.
Whats new in v0.3
- Fixed camera showing junk at the bottom of the cave
- Added dynamic sound texture to make the sound of water sound like it originates from the falls
- Added dynamic sound for the crystals and added a sound for when you collect one
- Added dynamic sound for the flares and frogs within the cave
- Fixed bug which prevented using a randomly chosen cave
- Added achievements system
- Fixed bug where cave might be blocked below a certain point (diagonal tunnels too narrow)
- Added named crystals and named crystal collection screen
click to view original size
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
May 24, 2013
May 23, 2013
May 22, 2013
May 21, 2013
May 19, 2013
May 18, 2013
May 17, 2013
May 16, 2013
May 15, 2013