Eos -- Dawn of Light
Eos -- Dawn of Light - 0.2
Casey Duncan (cduncan)
A space adventure game with elements of arcade and strategy. Can you command your fleet against your greatest enemy?
Note: It's been a while since the last release and there have been a ton of great improvements since then. Visit the subversion repository page for more info until I make time to do another release. We try hard to ensure that the game is playable in with every check in.
Welcome to the third prevew release of Eos! The game has made great
strides since the last release and it looks like the basic game
infrastructure is now complete.
- Basic ship selection frontend interface
- Sprite zooming perspective effect adds depth and increases
your field of view
- Implemented ship energy model, energy and health bars are
displayed below ships when damaged
- Smoke particle effects when ship is damaged. Ship systems
repair themselves over time
- More detailed background graphics including an improved
starfield, nebulas and floating particle effects
- Improved quality of ship sprites
- The Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars were added
- Ambient soundtracks for the Naree and Rone
- Basic camera with acceleration lag and panning effects
- Physics speed is now independent of frame rate
- Frame rate now goes as fast as your machine can draw,
resulting in much smoother animation
- The graphics are now resolution-independent
- Code optimizations result in much better performance,
especially on slower machines (e.g., powerpc macs)
Thanks go out to Dave LeCompte for his help with creating the windows package!
click to view original size
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
Apr 25, 2014
Apr 21, 2014
Apr 19, 2014
Apr 16, 2014
Apr 13, 2014
Apr 9, 2014
Mar 18, 2014
Mar 15, 2014
Mar 14, 2014
Mar 13, 2014