BOMBR - 0.2
BOMBR is clone of Bomberman written in Python. Featuring five levels of chaotic bombing action against the smack-talking AI opponent.
What's New in v0.3
- Added new "heart" game items. You can now win by stealing the AI's hearts
- Added "capture the flag" game mechanic. Can now win by capturing and holding the flag
- Random items now added to the maze every so often
- Start screen shows all the items in the game and what they do
- Added animation effects to scoring
- Continue to show smack talk when waiting to restart after game over
New in v0.2 - a random maze generator (see video for this in action)
I'm very interested in feedback on the gameplay and particularly the AI behaviour (ie let me know if you see it messing up!).
To help tune the AI, I implemented a "replay" feature. After a death press "r" and you will go into a replay screen where you can scroll backwards in time to see what the AI was doing when it died.
This isn't really a gameplay feature but it is very useful to spot AI bugs - if you spot any then please let me know!
|Blast your way
|Fight the smack-talking AI
|Five levels of chaos
What's New in v0.2
- Added a random maze generator
- Computer now talks smack at you from a variety of screens
Pygame.org account Comments
Mekire 2013-12-01 02:55
Very nice. That AI is infuriatingly difficult to kill though. Didn't notice any glitches save for perhaps the explosion remnants remain fatal longer than expected. Excellent particle effects. I recently tried to create good flame effects similar to your Extinguished game (but without using openGL) and found that I hit a performance wall very quickly.
g 2014-04-02 22:50
Platiborg 2014-06-16 20:21
how you download it and run it?
hi 2014-07-17 16:16