Tygame - GUI Project - alpha 1.0.2
The purpose of the tygame library is to allow the use of GUI objects to quickly and simply build GUI while still using the many features that pygame has to offer. It shares a simlar style of coding to tkinter (a python GUI library). Please note that this is still in the early phase of development so there will be bugs. If you find some please notify me on this page.
- Fixed a bug where you can click widgets behind other ones
- Fixed a bug where some rendering was a little buggy
- Fixed a bug where typing in one Entry wrote in a different one
- Added a Counter Widget (still under development)
- Dragging a Frame type will create transparency
- Added keyword alpha to Frame types to control dragging transparency
- Added XFrame which is a closable type of Frame
- Added get_front_obj function to find the front most Frame type
- A few more objects are placed
- Highlighting, pasting and copying in entries
- Thinking about dividing extension module into extension and message
- Adding more documentation
Pygame.org account Comments
josmiley 2011-11-12 19:18:32
interesting but no reaction with python2
SodaCookie 2011-11-13 00:22:08
Unfortunately, I only learned python 3, so I'm not sure how to allow it to run in python 2.
josmiley 2011-11-13 11:09:04
good job anywayneed a more elaborate example.py, as screenshot.quit button should exit at release
WoofWoofDude 2011-12-18 00:32:11
When you will post a new version ?
And very nice work !
It's simple to use and understand but just say we must use handle_widgets() and not use pygame.event.get()... I understand that after 2 day -__-... :P
Xzeric 2011-12-18 04:09:53
As of right now I'm really busy applying to university. Some time in January I'll be able to post another version. I've been reworking some of my widgets from scratch for a friend. So, in the next version, I might add skinning, copy and paste, word wrapping etc...
WoofWoofDude 2012-04-23 02:48:01
When you moving the counter object (I think...) the arrows has no reaction...
Xzeric 2012-05-29 02:53:38
Oh wow it's been so long, I've just been so busy. I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up the code, but the good news is that I've been working on rewriting the whole thing do that that'll be a lot better than the previous version. Like I've said before, as a freshman, university is so trying. It was naive of me to put a date on when I will be able to finish the next version of tygame. Sorry folks. I will try to continue this project.
WoofWoofDude 2013-08-18 19:23:25
And after a year ? :P