Quabro - 0.5.0
An arcade game where the object is to clear away the blocks on the screen by hitting them with the ball, controlled by four paddles on each side of the screen, without letting the ball leave the screen.
Quabro is an arcade game where the object is to clear away the blocks on the screen by hitting them with the ball, controlled by four paddles on each side of the screen, without letting the ball leave the screen.
- 20 playable levels
- 5 difficulty levels that modify the game speed and score
- Items hidden in blocks which are released when the block is destroyed (currently 5 different items)
The game is very early in development, therefore it's recommended for testing/preview purposes only. Bugs and unexpected behaviour are to be expected and there might be big changes in features, levels and gameplay between these early versions of the game.
Comments are more than welcome and at the moment I'm especially interested in constructive feedback about the gameplay, as well as experiences with different operating systems (I can currently test the game on Windows (XP, 7) and Linux) and different versions of Python and Pygame.
System requirements (tested on):
-Python 2.6.5 or later (3.x as well)
-Pygame 1.8.1 or later
GPL, version 3
New in version 0.5:
- Added bonus items that are stored inside blocks and released when the block is destroyed. There are currently three types of items: score bonus, lengthen paddles upgrade and shorten paddles downgrade.
- Rewritten and simplified levelset system: levelsets are now stored in simple text files and placed in the 'levels' sub-directory
- Reconstructed default levelset with 10 playable levels.
- Bug fix: the ball doesn't start from unexpected places under any circumstances anymore.
- Small changes in the user interface
Pygame.org account Comments
josmiley 2011-08-14 20:54:56
this game is too difficult :s
Joaeder 2011-10-15 11:03:19
Too difficult? : ) Sounds awesome. Gotta give it a try!
tommihelander 2012-01-29 20:42:56
New version (0.4) is out. Expect a few bugs, since I've rewritten big parts of the game. All available packages can be found on Sourceforge:
https://sourceforge.net/projec... I'm experimenting with builds for both 32- and 64-bit Linux systems. They are "compiled" using Cx_freeze and I've tested them on 32- and 64-bit Ubuntu 11.10. Feedback on them would be nice, because I won't have time to test them on many distros. So what's new in this version, then? The user interface has been given a face lift with the PGU gui library and the main loop has been completely rewritten so that new features can easily be added. From now on, the focus will be on these new features. Anyway, enjoy! And tell me what you think about the user interface, since it's not close to ready yet!
tommihelander 2012-02-03 21:46:29
Maintenance release 0.4.1 fixes bug which caused the ball to resurrect at unexpected locations.
tommihelander 2012-03-09 22:50:50
New version, 0.5, is here. This version introduces items that are hidden inside blocks and released when the block is destroyed. The levelset system is also rewritten and simplified for easy editing.