pymunk - 0.8.2
Victor Blomqvist (viblo)
pymunk is a easy-to-use pythonic 2d physics library that can be used whenever you need 2d rigid body physics from Python. It is built on top of the very nice 2d physics library Chipmunk, http://chipmunk-physics.net/
Make 2d physics easy to include in your game
It is (or striving to be):
- Easy to use It should be easy to use, no complicated stuff should be needed to add physics to your game/program.
- "Pythonic" It should not be visible that a c-library (chipmunk) is in the bottom, it should feel like a python library (no strange naming, OO, no memory handling and more)
- Simple to build & install You shouldnt need to have a zillion of libraries installed to make it install, or do a lot of command line trixs.
- Multiplatform Should work on both windows, nix and OSX.
- Non-intrusive It should not put restrictions on how you structure your program and not force you to use a special game loop, it should be possible to use with other libraries like pygame and pyglet.
Please check its homepage at pymunk.org for full details of the library
Changes from the previous release:
- All issues in the issue tracker fixed (including chipmunk compilation on 64 bit Linux.
- API documentation improvements
- Various fixes and code cleanups
- Elasticity set to 10 by default, if you want to gain a little performance (but loose bouncing balls and similar effects) reset it to 0.
click to view original size
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
Aug 22, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 19, 2014
Aug 18, 2014
Aug 2, 2014
Jul 28, 2014
Jul 22, 2014
Jul 21, 2014
Jul 20, 2014
Jul 19, 2014