pymunk - 0.8.1
Victor Blomqvist (viblo)
pymunk is a easy-to-use pythonic 2d physics library that can be used whenever you need 2d rigid body physics from Python. It is built on top of the very nice 2d physics library Chipmunk, http://code.google.com/p/chipmunk-physics//Chipmunk
Make 2d physics easy to include in your game :)
It is (or striving to be):
- Easy to use It should be easy to use, no complicated stuff should be needed to add physics to your game/program.
- "Pythonic" It should not be visible that a c-library (chipmunk) is in the bottom, it should feel like a python library (no strange naming, OO, no memory handling and more)
- Simple to build & install You shouldnt need to have a zillion of libraries installed to make it install, or do a lot of command line trixs.
- Multiplatform Should work on both windows, nix and OSX.
- Non-intrusive It should not put restrictions on how you structure your program and not force you to use a special game loop, it should be possible to use with other libraries like pygame and pyglet.
I hope and believe that with the latest release these points are mostly fulfilled and is visible if you use pymunk.
(demo/examples and documentation are bundled with the source release)
Changes from 0.8:
- Updated chipmunk to the newly released 4.1.0 version
- API documentation improvements
- Bug fixes and cleanup
- Fixes for all the issues reported to this page (until today)
click to view original size
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
May 19, 2013
May 18, 2013
May 17, 2013
May 16, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 11, 2013
May 8, 2013
Apr 26, 2013
Apr 24, 2013
Apr 23, 2013