pyg Map Maker - 0.5.1
2d Map Editor
A 2d Map Editor made in pygame.
Not quite done yett, but here is a preview atleast.
The Map Maker lets you use tilesets to build your own custom maps and environments which can be exported into either a map file or an image file.
I would recommend to not make any large maps with the 0.5.x version, as I am current remodeling the whole source code for the next version, and i'm not sure i will manage to make maps from 0.5.x compatible with 0.6.
- Added ability to draw and store collision boundary
- Map files from 5.0 is compatible with 5.1
- Instructions on this page have been added to a text file in the .zip
Ctrl + L: Load map file or image file
Ctrl + S: Save map file or image file
wasd: Move the tileset on the left hand side
Arrow keys: Move the tileset on the right hand side
alt + left click and drag: Draws a red rectangle that visualizes collision boundary
alt + right click: Removes collision boundary's
Click on a tile on the left hand side, and then paint this tile to the right hand side by left clicking and/or dragging.
The painted tiles can be removed by right clicking and/or dragging.
Current Special Features
- Multilayers on single tiles
- Boundary system for collisions
- Window is resizable
- Map Handler class for handling user made maps
- Code is still a bit messy
- Currently locked at 32x32 tiles
- multi layers currently locked at max 3