Stardog - 0.2011.02.16.0
Shanti Pothapragada (rgbdreamer)
A 2D space shooter RPG in the similar to Star Control 2, Escape Velocity, or Star Wolves 3. Still unfinished and interested in collaboration.
- Huge universe with sandbox non-linear game flow. [currently working on construction tools]
- Completely modular ship design: add and remove parts to your ship to make it as big or small as you want. [implemented]
- Parts can be blown off enemies, collected and equipped, all during battle [working]
- Enemy ships spawn with Diablo-style random part generation [implemented 10-29-10, needs much more content]
- Realistic 2D physics [working]
- A Dozen alien races to explore [some content, no implementation]
- Scores of types of enemy ships, each with their own ship design, tactics, and type of parts. [currently 2 with random design variants]
- Take hyperspace tunnels between solar systems [under construction]
Write me if you are interested in collaborating in any way- coding, graphics, art, ai, plot, etc- firstname.lastname@example.org . Bugs can be reported here.
- Enter: menu
- Tab: radar
- Del: self-destruct
- wasd/arrows: thrust and turn
- q/e: strafe
- ctrl: shoot
- space: launch missiles (if equipped)
- Mouse: move to turn, left click to shoot, right click to thrust
Keys can be changed in the menu.
- Adds stores to planets. When landed on a planet, you can trade with it. Each planet starts with a few random parts, and keeps any parts that fall into it from space. Currently, there is no money, so "trading" is more like giving and taking.
- Fixes several Parts Menu errors.
- Parts menu layout changed. Parts now drag and drop onto the selected part, like you would expect.
- Destroyer is longer.
- Left or Right parts can now be flipped.
- Adds background image.
- Adds message system.
- Adds trigger-based scripting system.
click to view original size
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
Mar 25, 2015
Mar 24, 2015
Mar 20, 2015
Mar 18, 2015
Mar 17, 2015
Mar 14, 2015
Mar 12, 2015
Feb 24, 2015
Feb 23, 2015