Stardog - 0.2011.01.18.0
Shanti Pothapragada (rgbdreamer)
A 2D space shooter RPG in the similar to Star Control 2, Escape Velocity, or Star Wolves 3. Still unfinished and interested in collaboration.
- Huge universe with sandbox non-linear game flow. [currently working on construction tools]
- Completely modular ship design: add and remove parts to your ship to make it as big or small as you want. [implemented]
- Parts can be blown off enemies, collected and equipped, all during battle [working]
- Enemy ships spawn with Diablo-style random part generation [implemented 10-29-10, needs much more content]
- Realistic 2D physics [working]
- A Dozen alien races to explore [some content, no implementation]
- Scores of types of enemy ships, each with their own ship design, tactics, and type of parts. [currently 2 with random design variants]
- Take hyperspace tunnels between solar systems [under construction]
Write me if you are interested in collaborating in any way- coding, graphics, art, ai, plot, etc- firstname.lastname@example.org . Bugs can be reported here.
- Enter: menu
- Tab: radar
- Del: self-destruct
- wasd/arrows: thrust and turn
- q/e: strafe
- ctrl: shoot
- space: launch missiles (if equipped)
- Mouse: move to turn, left click to shoot, right click to thrust
Keys can be changed in the menu.
- Separate Fighter, Destroyer, and Interceptor types!
- Adds Flak Cannons and smaller Fighter Shields.
- Type-chooser added to intro menu. Intro menu shows after each death.
- Missiles mapped to the spacebar by default.
- SolarSystem is now smaller. So is the sun.
- There are boundaries that stop the ship, and a warning is shown when trying to pass them.
- Gyroscope made smaller.
- Player's parts no longer fall off when hit. (Enemies' still do.)
- Explosions push back ships, and explosions from missiles do damage.
- Cockpits now generate energy, store energy, and can turn the ship. Only a tiny bit of each. Before a ship that lost a generator, battery, or gyro was useless. Cockpits still cannot thrust (so keep a spare engine handy!).
- Parts menu drag-and-drop interface fixed & added. This interface is much, much easier to use.
I am now interested in feedback on balance issues.
click to view original size
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
Aug 4, 2015
Jul 30, 2015
Jun 24, 2015
Jun 23, 2015
Jun 21, 2015
Jun 17, 2015
Jun 14, 2015
Jun 8, 2015
Jun 7, 2015
May 31, 2015
May 28, 2015
May 18, 2015