Stardog - 0.2010.11.20.0
Shanti Pothapragada (rgbdreamer)
A 2D space shooter RPG in the similar to Star Control 2, Escape Velocity, or Star Wolves 3. Still unfinished and interested in collaboration.
- Huge universe with sandbox non-linear game flow. [currently working on construction tools]
- Completely modular ship design: add and remove parts to your ship to make it as big or small as you want. [implemented]
- Parts can be blown off enemies, collected and equipped, all during battle [working]
- Enemy ships spawn with Diablo-style random part generation [implemented 10-29-10, needs much more content]
- Realistic 2D physics [working]
- A Dozen alien races to explore [some content, no implementation]
- Scores of types of enemy ships, each with their own ship design, tactics, and type of parts. [currently 2 with random design variants]
- Take hyperspace tunnels between solar systems [under construction]
Write me if you are interested in collaborating in any way- coding, graphics, art, ai, plot, etc- email@example.com . Bugs can be reported here.
- Enter: menu
- Tab: radar
- Del: self-destruct
- wasd/arrows: thrust and turn
- q/e: strafe
- ctrl: shoot
- space: launch missiles (if equipped)
- Mouse: move to turn, left click to shoot, right click to thrust
Keys can be changed in the menu.
- descriptions show in the parts menu.
- parts have descriptions now.
- tiny fighters pester you constantly.
- there is now an intro menu, which currently only lets you choose your color.
- esc no longer quits the game.
click to view original size
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
May 1, 2016
Apr 6, 2016
Mar 27, 2016
Mar 26, 2016
Mar 22, 2016
Mar 19, 2016
Mar 17, 2016
Mar 13, 2016
Feb 27, 2016
Feb 21, 2016
Feb 12, 2016