Stardog - 0.2010.11.07.0
Shanti Pothapragada (rgbdreamer)
A 2D space shooter RPG in the similar to Star Control 2, Escape Velocity, or Star Wolves 3. Still unfinished and interested in collaboration.
- Huge universe with sandbox non-linear game flow. [currently working on construction tools]
- Completely modular ship design: add and remove parts to your ship to make it as big or small as you want. [implemented]
- Parts can be blown off enemies, collected and equipped, all during battle [working]
- Enemy ships spawn with Diablo-style random part generation [implemented 10-29-10, needs much more content]
- Realistic 2D physics [working]
- A Dozen alien races to explore [some content, no implementation]
- Scores of types of enemy ships, each with their own ship design, tactics, and type of parts. [currently 2 with random design variants]
- Take hyperspace tunnels between solar systems [under construction]
Write me if you are interested in collaborating in any way- coding, graphics, art, ai, plot, etc- firstname.lastname@example.org . Bugs can be reported here.
- Enter: menu
- Tab: radar
- Del: self-destruct
- wasd/arrows: thrust and turn
- q/e: strafe
- ctrl: shoot
- space: launch missiles (if equipped)
- Mouse: move to turn, left click to shoot, right click to thrust
Keys can be changed in the menu.
- planet/ship and planet/part collisions fixed
- solar system now has a sun with planets that each spawn enemies. 30 seconds after clearing a planet of enemies, it should spawn more enemies.
- major AI upgrade- hovers by planets, will intercept you after it sees you, aims well (accounts for velocity).
- enemies deal less damage to compensate.
- it is much harder to shoot your own shields
- many tweaks to improve drawing performance (but it will probably run slower because more is happening now)
- parts don't disappear when all enemies are defeated
- parts collected by other ships do not go to your inventory
- bullets match ship color
- part life bars now show damage instead of life (full red ring = dead)
- explosions no longer deal damage
- radar graphics improved
- custom key binding displays message while busy waiting
click to view original size
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
Jun 11, 2013
Jun 9, 2013
Jun 7, 2013
Jun 4, 2013
Jun 1, 2013
May 30, 2013
May 26, 2013
May 24, 2013
May 23, 2013
May 22, 2013
May 21, 2013