Stardog - pre-alpha 10-31-10
Shanti Pothapragada (rgbdreamer)
A 2D space shooter RPG in the similar to Star Control 2, Escape Velocity, or Star Wolves 3. Still unfinished and interested in collaboration.
- Huge universe with sandbox non-linear game flow. [currently working on construction tools]
- Completely modular ship design: add and remove parts to your ship to make it as big or small as you want. [implemented]
- Parts can be blown off enemies, collected and equipped, all during battle [working]
- Enemy ships spawn with Diablo-style random part generation [implemented 10-29-10, needs much more content]
- Realistic 2D physics [working]
- A Dozen alien races to explore [some content, no implementation]
- Scores of types of enemy ships, each with their own ship design, tactics, and type of parts. [currently 2 with random design variants]
- Take hyperspace tunnels between solar systems [under construction]
Write me if you are interested in collaborating in any way- coding, graphics, art, ai, plot, etc- firstname.lastname@example.org . Bugs can be reported here.
- Enter: menu
- Tab: radar
- Del: self-destruct
- wasd/arrows: thrust and turn
- q/e: strafe
- ctrl: shoot
- space: launch missiles (if equipped)
- Mouse: move to turn, left click to shoot, right click to thrust
Keys can be changed in the menu.
- Added shield part (but you have to salvage it from an enemy)
- Redesigned life bars into rings, they match the new shield graphics.
- Enemies now have a 30% chance to spawn with more useful parts.
- Engines, Shields, Guns, Gyroscopes now all use energy. This makes generators more important. Rebalanced things to fit.
- Now the game should be somewhat playable: enemies increase each time you clear them, and you should be able to gain useful parts by salvaging them from dead enemies.
note: Enter for the menu! Parts and Keys and editable inside.
- not everything crashes into planets right.
- inventory does not always refresh. Remove and re-add a part to force it to refresh.
- Guns shoot their own ship in more configurations than they should.
- Parts disappear when new enemies spawn
- Bad menu spacing on OSX
- Game is incomplete!
click to view original size
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
Oct 9, 2015
Sep 11, 2015
Sep 6, 2015
Aug 26, 2015
Aug 25, 2015
Aug 21, 2015
Aug 16, 2015
Jul 30, 2015