Stardog - pre-alpha 10-29-10
Shanti Pothapragada (rgbdreamer)
A 2D space shooter RPG in the similar to Star Control 2, Escape Velocity, or Star Wolves 3. Still unfinished and interested in collaboration.
- Huge universe with sandbox non-linear game flow. [currently working on construction tools]
- Completely modular ship design: add and remove parts to your ship to make it as big or small as you want. [implemented]
- Parts can be blown off enemies, collected and equipped, all during battle [working]
- Enemy ships spawn with Diablo-style random part generation [implemented 10-29-10, needs much more content]
- Realistic 2D physics [working]
- A Dozen alien races to explore [some content, no implementation]
- Scores of types of enemy ships, each with their own ship design, tactics, and type of parts. [currently 2 with random design variants]
- Take hyperspace tunnels between solar systems [under construction]
Write me if you are interested in collaborating in any way- coding, graphics, art, ai, plot, etc- firstname.lastname@example.org . Bugs can be reported here.
- Enter: menu
- Tab: radar
- Del: self-destruct
- wasd/arrows: thrust and turn
- q/e: strafe
- ctrl: shoot
- space: launch missiles (if equipped)
- Mouse: move to turn, left click to shoot, right click to thrust
Keys can be changed in the menu.
- Refactored the collision system. Now collision is a function in the solarSystem module, and each Floater has a .takeDamage() method. This should make expanding collision easier.
- Built an adjective engine. Currently player parts spawn with one of a few random adjectives. Each effects the part (now just mass and hp), but there is currently no good way to see the change (except the name). All in adjectives.py.
- Added a elementary AI for the enemy ships.
click to view original size
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
Oct 17, 2016
Oct 11, 2016
Oct 10, 2016
Oct 3, 2016
Oct 1, 2016
Sep 29, 2016
Sep 19, 2016
Sep 17, 2016
Aug 30, 2016