Python PyGame Tower Defence
Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.5.4
Austin Morgan (duckfin)
I'm closing the gap to Beta status. I'll be giving this project the Beta tag when it hits version 0.9. I've got a lot of work to go before it gets there, but the game is already quite playable. The basics are typical to Tower Defense games all over.
There are only seven maps thus far, and only three playable. I have not put great effort into balancing them yet, as things change constantly. That said, I played through all of them before releasing this and found them to be fairly spot-on in difficulty, if a bit lacking in variety. Balance will not be a top priority until the Beta, version 0.9.
The art is nowhere close to tops and there is no sound whatsoever. I am neither an artist nor musician. If anyone would like to contribute either, I would happily give credit for your work.
Comments are welcome and encouraged!
- Changed HP back to losing one everytime an enemy leaves the screen. You now start with 20 HP, and gain 0.25 HP per turn.
- Has a "Next Wave" button. Does exactly what you think it does.
- Implemented the 'slow' ability for towers. It's pretty awesome :D
- Changed the 'range' price. Its now 20, plus 20 for each range upgrade.
- Added 'super slow' ability for towers. 'slow' brings enemies to 75% of their speed for 1.25 seconds; while 'super slow' brings enemies to 50% of their speed for 2 seconds.
- New support for multiple enemy paths in a map.
- Pausing has been removed. There are no timers anymore, just hit "Next Wave" whenever you want a new wave to come and take as much time between as you'd like!
- Can have waves where the enemies come from different paths simultaneously.
- Tower is now a base class for all towers, each of which will be a different class.
- Testing of selected is now based on __class__ object instead of __name__ for Icon and Menu, and is based on containing Tower in __bases__ for Tower. This is more accurate, better code, and will lead to better performance and adaptability in the future.
- Icon class now holds a type and the type's towerstats.
- towerstats has become Basictowerstats, and Slowtowerstats has been created.
- SlowTower class created.
- Trimmed down the project folder. I hadn't realized how much extra, useless crap there was just lingering in it.
- Towers now generate their upgrade/sell buttons. This will make it easier to add new upgrades for other towers.
- Slow towers can now upgrade the 'amount of slow' applied to enemies, and how long it lasts.
- Enemies' move modified for accuracy (can now handle float movement), and speed coefficients made equal (they move the same distance whether vertical or horizontal).
click to view original size
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.8.7 ||- Aug 27, 2013|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.8.6 ||- Dec 17, 2012|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.8.5 ||- Nov 18, 2012|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.8.3 ||- Jun 15, 2012|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.8.1 ||- Apr 14, 2012|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.8.0 ||- Mar 10, 2012|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.7.7 ||- Jan 28, 2011|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.7.6 ||- Jan 13, 2011|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.7.5 ||- Jan 9, 2011|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.5.7 ||- Apr 1, 2010|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.5.6 ||- Mar 14, 2010|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.5.5 ||- Mar 11, 2010|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.5.4 ||- Mar 9, 2010|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.5.3 ||- Mar 2, 2010|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.5.2 ||- Feb 25, 2010|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.5.1 ||- Feb 25, 2010|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.5.0 ||- Feb 21, 2010|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.3.5 ||- Oct 14, 2009|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.3.4 ||- Oct 13, 2009|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.3.2 ||- Oct 12, 2009|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.3.0 ||- Oct 11, 2009|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.2.6 ||- Oct 8, 2009|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.2.4 ||- Oct 7, 2009|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.2.2 ||- Oct 6, 2009|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.2.1 ||- Oct 6, 2009|
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
Jul 30, 2015
Jul 21, 2015
Jun 24, 2015
Jun 23, 2015
Jun 21, 2015
Jun 17, 2015
Jun 14, 2015
Jun 8, 2015
Jun 7, 2015
May 31, 2015
May 28, 2015
May 18, 2015