Plague - 3.13
benedict carter (benedict)
arcade shooter physics simulation roguelike topdown shadows cellular automata gauntlet syndicate plague xcom
Plague is a real-time top down ‚??rogue-like‚?Ě arena shooter pitting humans against the zombie horde, inspired by the games Syndicate, XCOM and Gauntlet.
If you want to help with the development of Plague, let me know on the blog site listed below. Code, art, sounds, music, design and testing are all welcome.
In the future Plague will have new features like modifiable ‚??RPG‚?Ě stats for sims, RTS base building and base defense missions, a day/night cycle, resource management, inventory for sims and the Zombie Plague will continue to mutate as the game progresses. See the To Do lists in the ReadMe for more detail.
-Zoom in and out at anytime to see the level ‚?? no mini map required -Non-predictable procedural level generation -Vision based on line of sight -AI for all sentient sims -Memory based on what was last seen. -2D physics engine powers object interactions and motion -Finite element modeling of explosions, fire, etc -Fire modeling that allows objects to catch on fire and be destroyed -Lots of firearms, concussion and incendiary grenades, Molotov cocktails
- Fixed shockwave physics so that energy and momentum aren‚??t carried along the edge of the map. Energy and momentum are now carried off the map.
- Fixed sim shadowcasting so that the tile you are in does not block sight. Allows LOS as originally intended (there has been a kludge in there for ages).
- Stopped using JSON and started using pickle as file saver/loader. Pickle, being part of core Python, just worked.
- Altered draw_image code and image class to internalize elevations of images ‚?? so I can pull images as part of an inheritance diagram
- Changed physics constants so that they are referred to in a attrs dictionary instead of as attributes of the sim
- Added ‚??excludes‚?Ě to make_win_exe as TKinter started being included as well as numpy ‚?? don‚??t know why.
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.