Miner - 0.9
Marcus Møller (marcus)
* Randomly generated Moon surface using, well, the random-module.
* Destructible environment, much like Minecraft in 2D.
* Menu system. I made up a rather quick and dirty menu system, but it works just awesome and I like it.
Originally planned features
* Another planet in the background - doh! I wanted it to be a pixelized version of Earth.
* Procedural moon landscape. I wanted the player to be able to dig as deep and explore as much of the Moon surface as he wanted to.
* Better gameplay. I should have worked better on the core ideas of the gameplay. The game can be challenging, but it will be repetitive in the end.
I am happy that I finished the game and did my first PyWeek! That's just great.
There are plenty of things I would have done differently, however.
First of all I probably shouldn't have been off-the-grid for 5 days of the challenge.
I also now know that it's very important to rethink your gameplay/challenge before starting the programming.
The challenge was great, however. And I enjoyed it!
click to view original size
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
Jun 19, 2016
Jun 17, 2016
Jun 12, 2016
Jun 3, 2016
Jun 1, 2016
May 27, 2016
May 21, 2016
May 18, 2016
May 1, 2016