Lost the Plot
Lost the Plot - 0.02
Sean J McKiernan (mekire)
An exploration into 'Depth first search' maze creation with recursive backtracking.
Generate a maze of several different sizes and then solve that maze using an A* algorithm.
Be aware that performance is greatly improved by unchecking the 'Animation' box (but its not nearly as amusing.)
(with the cell size set on 1x1 pixel, my computer takes about 10 seconds to generate the complete maze if animation is off)
Mouse: Place start/goal, click buttons
+: Increase cell size
-: Decrease cell size
d: Toggle animation on/off
L: Toggle loops on/off
c: Toggle generator color on/off
i: Reset maze to unsolved state
- Generator points now grow in all four directions.
- Multiple generator points can be placed.
- 'c' key makes generators each display in a different color.
- 'i' key resets maze to unsolved state without losing it so that different paths can be tested.
- User can choose between having loops or creating a 'perfect' maze.
- The thickness of the walls can now be modified.
click to view original size
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
May 21, 2013
May 19, 2013
May 18, 2013
May 17, 2013
May 16, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 11, 2013
May 8, 2013
Apr 26, 2013
Apr 24, 2013