Lands of Elderlore
Lands of Elderlore - 0.0.9
Emmanuel DempurÃ© (altefcat)
Elderlore is a graphical roguelike in a random yet persistent medieval world. It will rely mostly on fractal landscapes and procedural cities and dungeons.
- Web page is in french right now, and game is both in french and english.
- Game is in early dev stage, needing pygame, ocempgui, and Numeric modules.
At last, here is a new release of Lands of Elderlore. This release is still a view-only release, since you can wander in the fractal worlds it generates, but rest of the game is not implemented yet.
Here is the changelog. Have fun !
New functunalities :
- New fonts are used
- There is now a message when you destroy an object
- Roads and rivers take the shortest way if possible on Zone view
- Forests are populated with the cave generation algorithm
- Tempered forests have now some dead trees
- Deserts have now cactus and dead trees
- New roads and rivers on World view
- New introduction music theme "Jester's tear"
- Some animals have been added on the Zone view with the file animaux.csv (but they do nothing)
- Objects are now handled with the file inventaire.csv
- New mouse shape when over player
- New isometric display on Zone view :
- TAB key makes you turn yourself anti clockwise
- Sift + TAB makes you turn yourself clockwise
- < key switches between Zone view and World view
- CTRL + g displays two different kind of grid on the Zone view (thank you Anvilfolk !)
- A cardinal point have been added in the upper left corner
Bugs erased :
- In some rare case, no starting village was found
- In some case, desert was overflowing the ground
- Graphical resolutions are now dynamically available
- CPU use has been severely reduced
- New Windows binary file with OcempGui files (thank you Sean !)
click to view original size
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
Oct 1, 2015
Sep 11, 2015
Sep 6, 2015
Aug 26, 2015
Aug 25, 2015
Aug 21, 2015
Aug 16, 2015
Jul 30, 2015
Jun 24, 2015