Gloss - 0.7
Paul Hudson (hudzilla)
The functionality most people will want to use in Gloss includes:
- Loading textures, then drawing them to the screen scaled, rotated, translucent and recolored in real time
- Drawing text to the screen (yes, still with scaling, rotation, etc)
- Particle systems for common special effects such as fire and smoke
- Rendering scenes to a texture ("render targets") for complex effects
- Built-in support for lerping, normalization and scene tinting
- Easy API calls for anti-aliasing, screenshots, picking and more
Gloss is licensed under LGPLv3, and comes with full documentation, a tutorial and several code examples to help get you started, so if you're looking to make a game quickly and easily give it a try!
This release adds a new example game, Sharpshooter, along with two new methods: distance() and distance_squared().
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
Mar 7, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Mar 3, 2014
Mar 1, 2014
Feb 21, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 18, 2014
Feb 7, 2014
Feb 2, 2014
Feb 1, 2014