ChessBoard - 2.0b
John Eriksson (wmjoers)
ChessBoard is a Python implementation of the FIDE laws of chess. The main goal is to implement all applicable rules in a simple, straightforward way. The intention is not to be fast but to be easy to understand and to be complete. Many other implementation has known problems with castling, stalemate or other more or less special rules.
- The moves of the pieces
- En passant
- Check detection
- Checkmate detection
- Stalemate detection
- Draw by the fifty moves rule detection
- Draw by the three repetitions rule detection
- Get valid locations support
- Imoprt and export of Forsyth-Edwards Notation strings.
- Add text moves in the AN, SAN and LAN standards.
- Export moves in the AN, SAN and LAN standards.
- Undo and Redo.
- Goto a specified move.
Unpack the source and start example with "python ChessClient.py"
- Left - Undo last move.
- Right - Redo move.
- F - Print current board as FEN.
- A - Print all moves as Algebraic Notation.
- S - Print all moves as Standard Algebraic Notation.
- L - Print all moves as Long Algebraic Notation.
- Fixed some small bugs.
- Added methods for FEN-strings.
- Added methods for AN, SAN and LAN formatted moves.
- Added methods for undo and redo.
- Added methods for moving between states.
click to view original size
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
Sep 24, 2016
Sep 21, 2016
Sep 19, 2016
Sep 17, 2016
Sep 7, 2016
Aug 30, 2016
Aug 24, 2016
Aug 3, 2016
Aug 2, 2016
Aug 1, 2016