Cheese Boys - 0.1.1
Luca Fabbri (keul)
In a sort of silly post-apocalyptic world, in early 21 century, the major part of the planet is enslaved under the rule of a mysterious group of five obscure entities that held some sort of magic power and lead the human kind to a slave state and a dark medieval age.
They are know as Cheese Boys.
Your adventure start in the year 12 of the Cheese Boys Era, exactly 12 year after the Cheese War. Those powerful beings wins this conflict again the world's countries army, thanks to the Disease that they spread over men. This magic illness slowly transforms the greater part of humans in a kind of mindless barbarian warriors under the Cheese Boys control.
After all those year of war the old know world, with its countries and organizations, is only a far memory of an happy past.
But there is one, lonely, population on the entire planet that seems immune to the Disease, and live free in a region where the Cheese Boys minions can't enter.
What dark secrets are hidden behind the Cheese Boys? How they obtain those evil powers? Can the human kind be freed?
To install requirement released on the cheeseshop
just use the
See my personal page about distutils
for more infos.
As the project comment are not so friendly (I get no notification of new comments and so I look if some pygamers write something only in the days after a new release), I create a blog of the project itself
I hope I'll see you there!
For whatever reason: lucafbb AT gmail com
You can access to latest software version from the Git repository.
Help is always wanted!
- Use F1 to enable/disable fullscreen during the game.
- Move the hero with mouse left button. Keep pressed and the hero will follow the cursor.
- Right click on an enemy to begin a hunt of him: the hero will begin following and attack him.
- Use the X button to attack without hunt down the enemy or if you don't want that the hero move toward him, or to stop the scrolling of the level when walking near the borders.
- CRTL key stop the time, giving you time to send orders to Boscolo.
- Use the SHIFT key to enter in stealth mode.
- Use the Z key to perform a withdraw (for now isn't helping a lot). The withdraw is done in a direction opposite to mouse pointer position!
- Use the space key to exit from text displayed during the gameplay.
- During presentation you can control the animation speed using LEFT/RIGHT ARROWS.
- With 0 key you can shout something (not useful for now).
This release fix a lot of bugs, refactor the code, add new indipendent modules and add functionality, but is not so different to the 0.1.0 version.
First of all I migrate the game to pygame 1.8.
A new experimental effect has been added: the darkness. Your Hero now has a limited light ray.
- Added my version of PySetup script for simplify the py2exe releases (thanks to PyMike from pygame community to release this).
- BUG - fixed the long-life bug "character-bouncing-position" after killing an enemy.
This also fix a bug that breaks presentations with a cblocals.game_speed too high.
- Pressing F1 now switch from window/fullscreen mode.
- REFACTORING, TODO - replaced the term "dimension" with "size".
- Added main menu with use of EzMenu (thanks to PyMike for releasing that).
In facts, I released my own version (KezMenu) but the major part of the work is still Mike's ideas!
- Added the "check for update" feature (that rely on an XML file on my web site).
- Added the new indipendent module ktextsurfacewriter, to generally display a text over a PyGame surface.
- REFACTORING - renamed the _loadEmptySprite GameSprite's method to generateEmptySprite.
- Enhanced the .cbp format, allowing relative time (.cbp version 2.0.0).
Also rewrited the funny intro to use this new feature (and have better timing).
- Migration to pygame 1.8.
No real feature migration, but fixed the LevelExit transparency know problem.
- TODO - Whitespaces in .cbp files are handled in a smarter way (better regexp for .cbp file format).
- Added the darkness and lightrange effects.
Next release will be 0.2.0. I will add a little or no new feature but I'll begin the first real game level and presentations. The current "South Bridge" level will became the final level of this version.
click to view original size
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
Jul 30, 2015
Jul 21, 2015
Jun 24, 2015
Jun 23, 2015
Jun 21, 2015
Jun 17, 2015
Jun 14, 2015
Jun 8, 2015
Jun 7, 2015
May 31, 2015
May 28, 2015
May 18, 2015